Subject: Re: [EGIT] Supported Eclipse version

From: Marek Zawirski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 16:12:25 +0200

Jean-François Veillette wrote:
>> Maybe some users (or developers) from mailing list can tell us about 
>> their opinion?
>
> I think keeping comptability for one version behind the 'current' 
> (still compatible 3.3 while 3.4 is the current) is a reasonable goal.
> 3.2 is relatively far behind, tools vendor had time to get up to date 
> by now.
> If a user is using a third party version of eclipse based on 3.2, then 
> I guess he should not expect egit to work with it (he should just pray 
> and hope for the best).
>
> For myself, I use 3.3.x, I have not yet moved to 3.4 since my main 
> plugin (WOLips) is not ready yet for 3.4.
>
> - jfv
I would also vote for this change. Especially if there are not many 
users screaming that they need egit in Eclipse 3.2.

BTW, I'm using 3.4 version for 2 days and it looks really nice. What's 
important, it seems to not be that buggy as early 3.3 releases were.

Robin, Shawn, would you accept next patches using 3.3 API?

Marek