Subject: Re: git-scm.com

From: "Peter Valdemar Mørch (Lists)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 08:19:14 +0200

As a contributer with a single commit I was happy to see myself appear 
shortly on the list (yeah!). Ok, so I realize it is vanity and a little 
silly... :-)

Junio C Hamano gitster-at-pobox.com |Lists| wrote:
> I have a mild suspicion that sorting that list in alphabetical order may
> actually make it much better.  It all depends on the purpose of that list,
> though.

To me it makes sense to sort the entire list according to commits. Its 
still easy to find anybody with search, and I find it appropriate that I 
be towards the end. The commit sorting encourages me to move up the 
list! :-D

> And for the "giving credit" purpose, I do not think truncating the list at
> 5 commits or less threshold, as suggested earlier and already done, makes
> much sense, either.

And why truncate the list? I'd personally like to be back on the list 
(vanity! - but true), bandwidth is relatively cheap, and there is 
nothing below the list. I also think it makes the community look healty 
and encourages contribution to see how many others contribute.

Peter
-- 
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com