Subject: Git tree/blob and corresponding commit

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 19:08:27 +0200

Something I'm trying to figure out and can't find the answer myself. I'm 
browsing a tree, for example:

    $ git ls-tree HEAD~100

This list a set of files with the corresponding blob. Each blob has it's 
own SHA1. Fine.

Now given a SHA1 I'd like to know which commit has created (was 
containing) this specific blob?

What is the best way to achieve that?

Thanks.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595