Subject: Re: Local uncommitted changes, not checked in to index with gitk

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:19:44 +0200

srinivas naga vutukuri schrieb:
> I just done "git status", Its giving the following output. But i
> have't done around these files anything at all, not opened, etc.
> 
> -------------
> # On branch master
> # Changed but not updated:
> #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
> #
> #       modified:   include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
...

You are on a case-insensitive file system. The linux kernel source
requires a case-sensitive file system because the sources contain both of
these files:

include/linux/netfilter/xt_connmark.h
include/linux/netfilter/xt_CONNMARK.h

(ditto for the other cases that you observed).

-- Hannes