Subject: Re: [EGIT PATCH] Add some new icons, and apply them where appropriate

From: Tor Arne Vestbø <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 00:52:43 +0200

Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> onsdagen den 13 augusti 2008 21.57.02 skrev Tor Arne Vestbø:
>> These icons are based on look of the existing CVS and
>> SVN plugins, only with a Git branding (gray, red, green).
>>
>> Having the same look and feel as the other team plugins
>> will probably help us in being distributed as part of
>> the Eclipse platform.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Tor Arne Vestbø <[email-masked]>
> 
> Looks nice,

Thanks

> but please remove the icons that are not actually used from the
> patch.

Done. I know I'm going to need them later though (commit dialog,
synchronize view), but that's OK.

> I also wonder also whether the sharing icon should have a network-like
> symbol. Connecting a project to a git repo involves no networking unlike
> most other SCMs.

True. We could use the newlocation_wiz/newlocation_wizban pair. That
would actually also be consistent with what the newlocation-action
does for the CVS/SVN plugins, because we are hosting the repo locally.
It also signals that 'sharing' the repository does not involve pushing,
although we could have that as a separate step in the wizard (and then
use the 'network' icon).

On that note, have we considered something like the "CVS Repositories"
view, only for remotes? 

I imagine the sharing wizard going something like:

Scan/create new repo -> Add remotes -> Push -> Finished

With the usual option to Finish earlier of course.

> Welcome to the project, btw!

Thanks! :)

Tor Arne