Subject: Problem with --work-tree

From: Сергей Шарыбин <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 03:14:13 +0600

Hi,

I've got the following problem. I've got a GIT repo at 
/home/nazgul/src/test-work-tree and I've got some changed files in this 
repo. I want to see this changes when a `git` runs outside this 
directory. I tried to run `git 
--git-dir=/home/nazgul/src/test-work-tree/.git 
--work-tree=/home/nazgul/src/test-work-tree diff-index --name-status 
HEAD` from my home directory. In such way diff-index tells me that all 
files from my repo has been deleted. I think it is because this command 
does not understand a --work-tree parameter. And I saw the same problem 
with a git diff command (something like that: git 
--git-dir=/home/nazgul/src/test-work-tree/.git 
--work-tree=/home/nazgul/src/test-work-tree diff).

I use git version debian.1.5.6.3.1

Is it my mistake or it is bugs in a GIT?

-- 
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin