Subject: Re: Call Me Gitless

From: "Peter Valdemar Mørch (Lists)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:16:48 +0200

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy-at-imag.fr |Lists| wrote:
>> There is no indication in the documentation distinguishing porcelain
>> from plumbing.
> 
> Well, there is somehow one: "git" and "git help" show just the
> porcelain. Still, I agree with you: marking plumbing as such more
> explicitely could help newbies not to bother with it.

Theodore Tso was helpful to point out to me in
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/88698/focus=88844
when I said the same thing:

> The top-level man page has a listing of what is porcelain and what is
> plumbing --- although there is some disagreement.

Take a look at "git help git" it has a _different_ (and longer) list of 
what is porcelain. But that there isn't an exact concensus on the matter.

Peter

-- 
Peter Valdemar Mørch
http://www.morch.com