Subject: Re: Gittogether event?

From: Sam Vilain <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:45:54 +1200

Christian Couder wrote:
>>> 	1: Are you interested in attending a Gittogether:
>>> 		[ ] Yes   [ ]  No
>> Yes, but happy to participate in technical events via telemetry.
> From below in your email it seems you mean video conference.
> Are there other people interested by an event via video conference?

Well, IME this only really works for a limited number of people
attending via a video link.

>>> 	2: Would you travel to Portland, Oregon for the Gittogether:
>>> 		[ ] Yes   [ ]  No
>> Sure, but only if several people thought it would be worth blowing US
>> $1400 of community funds on my ticket ... that's what it costs to get
>> across the Pacific!
> Maybe you can go to the GCoC Mentor Summit and Google will pay your ticket?
> Are you interested in going to the Mentor Summit?

Sure, I'd love to go, it's well timed between my terms and I haven't
been to SFO yet.  It's just a lot of money, and imagine all the trees
I'll have to plant to offset the carbon emissions :-)

Sam.