Subject: Re: [kernel.org users] [RFD] On deprecating "git-foo" for builtins

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 20:44:50 -0400

Felipe Contreras wrote:
> Still, if this is the decision, all the documentation should be
> updated, and people should be discouraged to mention the git-foo
> commands ever again, otherwise new users would get confused.

True.

I scanned my Kernel Hackers' Guide to Git and made sure to kill a few 
straggling references to dash commands:

	http://linux.yyz.us/git-howto.html

Even though my fingers still want to type git DASH foo, feedback from 
gitsters caused me to purge most dash references from the guide a while 
ago.  I'm surprised the git docs were not updated at the same time I was 
being hectored <grin>

Anyway, it's a fair point and lets definite get the straggling docs 
converted and consistent.

Comments on the above URL welcome, even if unrelated to the current 
topic at hand.

Thanks,

	Jeff