Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-gui: Help identify aspell version on Windows too

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:29:48 +0200

Gustaf Hendeby schrieb:
> On windows, git gui fails to correctly extract the aspell version
> (experienced with aspell version 0.50.3) due to scilent white space at
> the end of the version string.  Trim the obtained version string to
> work around this.

With this I've partial success here: Aspell 0.50.3 alpha (downloaded from
http://aspell.net/win32/) is recognized, but

- it only ever checks the first line of the commit message;

- after I change the catalog in the Options, I can't "Save" (it does
nothing), until I change to some other catalog. I haven't discovered the
pattern, yet, when the "Save" succeeds.

- At startup the correct catalog is used. But if I change the catalog
during a session (if I succeed, see above), then the second-last picked
catalog is used.

Any idea how to debug this?

> @@ -80,7 +80,7 @@ method _connect {pipe_fd} {
>  		error_popup [strcat [mc "Unrecognized spell checker"] ":\n\n$s_version"]
>  		return
>  	}
> -	set s_version [string range $s_version 5 end]
> +			set s_version [string range [string trim $s_version] 5 end]

A strange indentation you have here.

>  	regexp \
>  		{International Ispell Version .* \(but really (Aspell .*?)\)$} \
>  		$s_version _junk s_version

-- Hannes