Subject: Re: Git config not expanding user home directories

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 12:49:30 +0200

Tom Lanyon wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> Is it normal behavior that git (well at least git-svn) won't expand 
> ~user from .gitconfig?
> 

Yes. You could add a patch for that though. git-daemon does ~user
expansion since quite a long time back, so there's a function ready
for it. I'd do it by doing something like:

   git config --path section.key

so that scripts can get the user-expanded version as well. In-core
applications can call expand_path() or some such on their own, I
think.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231