Subject: Re: Git and tagging hook

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:12:46 +0200

Kristis Makris wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 09:20 +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
>> Next time, don't include a members-only list in the CC, please. The
>> usual action when replying to an email on git@vger is to "Reply All",
>> which doesn't play nicely with such lists and will render one list
>> archive incomplete (since people will inevitably cull that other
>> list from their CC's after having sent to it once).
> 
> Why would they cull that other list, if the usual action is to "Reply
> All" ?

Because it's a members-only list. Like me, I'm sure many will get
annoyed enough to remember to remove it for further postings on the
subject. Those nonsensical "awaiting moderator approval" emails are
irritating noise, and since they're "To: me" and get a low spamrank
they go straight to the high-priority folder. Many others on this
list use similar filters as it's a neat way of dealing with several
high-volume mailing lists sanely.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231