Subject: Older git version on the server

From: Diego Algorta <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:33:01 -0200

Hi all,

= Background
We are a team of 3 developers. Each one has his own clone from a central 
public repo in our server where we all push and pull from (you can tell 
we come from svn). We do deployments on production from that repo's 
master branch.

= Problem
We recently started using git submodules and now we're facing a problem 
when switching between branches (git checkout) which have the same 
submodule but linked from different sources. Some google research says 
the new "git submodule sync" feature may be the solution, but we can't 
use a version newer than 1.5.6.1 on the server.

= Question
Would it be a problem for us to use 1.6.0.3 on our development 
environments and keep using 1.5.6.1 on the server to do the deployments?

Thank you!
-- 
Diego Algorta - Web Developer & SysAdmin -
http://www.oboxodo.com - http://diego.algorta.net