Subject: Problem with git filter-branch

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:33:12 +0200

I'm using Git svn but I do not think this matters.

I'm used to add manually some branches from the Subversion repository. I
usually fetch the branch without following the parent then connect the
branch to the proper branch point (I really need to do this as the
Subversion repository structure is not following the standard layout).

Anyway, I used to run the following command:

$ git filter-branch --tag-name-filter cat --parent-filter "sed -e
's/^$/-p c96d4da294667de1800687d25340551683153002/'" svn-release_2_6

without problem, I now get this:

Namespace refs/original/ not empty
rm: cannot remove directory
`/home/obry/dev/repositories/git/proj/.git-rewrite': Directory not empty

The .git-rewrite is empty and when the command return I can do:

$ rmdir .git-rewrite

without problem.

Is this is known issue? Any idea?

Thanks,
Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595