Subject: Re: Problem with git filter-branch

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 22:55:11 +0200

Hi Johannes,

> It is a (maybe ill-conceived) feature.  When branches are rewritten, their 
> original versions are stored in the refs/original/ namespace.  You can 
> force overwriting with "-f".

Working fine indeed with -f option. What's strange is that it used to
work without the -f option. Would be nice to improve the error message
in this specific case.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|              http://www.obry.net
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-key C1082595