Subject: [KORG] Master backend downtime - hardware swap

From: "J.H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 17:43:40 -0800

Hey everyone,

Just a heads up to everyone, I'm going to be taking the master (hera)
backend server offline for a couple of hours tomorrow (Friday, CST)
afternoon.  Downtime is going to get used for finishing flipping over
the master to new hardware, which was very generously donated by
Hewlett-Packard.  We are moving up to a new DL380 G5.  That said I will
need time to shut everything down, get a current rsync from the old
hardware to the new hardware and confirm that serves are restored on the
new machine.

I'm expecting the entire downtime to only take a couple of hours, but
since we all know things will take longer I'm going to declare the
window from 1200 CST (1800 UTC Friday Nov 7th).  Expect the window to
run through 2000 UTC, and if things are up and running before that I'll
let people know.  Otherwise if there are problems you'll see another
e-mail from me.

If you have questions, comments, concerns, etc - please send them to me
CC [email-masked]

- - John 'Warthog9' Hawley
Chief Kernel.org Administrator