Subject: Re: libgit2 - a true git library

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:35:55 +0100

Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> Shawn O. Pearce wrote:
>> During the GitTogether we were kicking around the idea of a ground-up
>> implementation of a Git library.  This may be easier than trying
>> to grind down git.git into a library, as we aren't tied to any
>> of the current global state baggage or the current die() based
>> error handling.
>>
>> I've started an _extremely_ rough draft.  The code compiles into a
>> libgit.a but it doesn't even implement what it describes in the API,
>> let alone a working Git implementation.  Really what I'm trying to
>> incite here is some discussion on what the API looks like.
> 
> Just a random question: is there a reason why you have put all the .h in 
> a separate includes/ directory instead of relying on the install target 
> to put the include files at the right place ?
> 
> To me it makes it much harder to hack on the files as one is always 
> required to switch between both directories...

I agree with this, but as I guess Shawn will do roughly 45 times more
work on it than me (according to current commit-count in git.git), I'll
live with it.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231