Subject: Re: publish since current state?

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:21:28 +0100

Gennady Kushnir wrote:
> Hello list.
> I'm going to publish my work into online public repository.
> I have several months of previous history in my local git repo. And I
> don't want to make it all public.
> Is it possible to publish just a shallow copy of my repository storing
> my current tree?

Yes. Look for 'grafts' in the documentation. You'll have to create a
new repository containing only the most recent code first, and then
create the grafts-file in that repository and copy the object database
from the old repository into the new one.

> I'd also like to keep my local history private but push new commits
> from it into that online repo.
> 

The grafts solution will work like that, assuming you don't publish
your grafts-file.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231