Subject: Re: Ad: fast-import problem importing dos format files under cygwin

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 13:18:17 +0100

Jan Hudec schrieb:
> On 3 December 2008, 08:51, Jan Hudec wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I have been playing with fast-import in cygwin and I have problems
>> importing files with CR/LF line-endings. The size in data command is
>> calculated including the CRs and than the file is copied binary to the
>> fast-import input stream. However fast-import skips the CRs when reading,
>> overreads by that number of bytes and fails when it tries to read the
>> next command from the middle.
> 
> One addition:
> 
> I have tried with MSYS version 1.5.6.1.1071.g76fb and it imported the
> test, as it was, except it didn't like 'refs/heads/master' as branchname
> (and accepted bare 'master', but that created '.git/master').

With my current version of MinGW git the import is successful after I
edited test1.gfi to match your description (it had CR on all lines; I
removed all except on lines 15 and 16). The repository content is as one
would it expect given the input. master is
b8ad21c3dc271d43a6e43c261909d6be725fa5b8.

Do you happen to have core.autocrlf set in some way and could it make a
difference for fast-import? I have it unset.

-- Hannes