Subject: Re: [PATCH] Allow passing of --directory to git-am.

From: Simon 'corecode' Schubert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 00:41:50 +0100

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Simon 'corecode' Schubert <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> You mean not storing/restoring the flags across an invocation?  No,
>> that's a different thing.  My patch only adds the --directory option,
>> it does not fix the previously existing bug.
> 
> The question is if it _introduces_ a bug that the directory given in the
> initial invocation of "git am --directory=foo" is lost if an patch does
> not apply and you need to manually resolve and continue.
> 
> If it does not introduce such a bug, you do not have the same issue as the
> old patch.  Otherwise you have the same issue as the old patch.  The
> question was if you have the same issue or you don't.  Yes?  No?

Yes, that's the issue.  In this regard it behaves bug-compatible with the 
-p and -C options.

-- 
   <3 the future  +++  RENT this banner advert  +++   ASCII Ribbon   /"\
   rock the past  +++  space for low €€€ NOW!1  +++     Campaign     \ /
Party Enjoy Relax   |   http://dragonflybsd.org      Against  HTML   \
Dude 2c 2 the max   !   http://golden-apple.biz       Mail + News   / \