Subject: Re: BUG?? INSTALL MAKEFILE

From: Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:26:13 -0500

> but then realized that prefix is set to $(HOME) by default. Are you
> sure you didn't edit the Makefile or run any sort of ./configure
> before "make install" ?

After doing a

	git clean -f

in my local git repo, I notice that:

	config.mak.autogen

still exists, and inside it:

	prefix = /usr/local

That file is included in the Makefile *after* prefix is set, and so if 
it's not updated, the Makefile will default to /usr/local.

According to the INSTALL doc, the default prefix should be ~. However, 
this is certainly not the case. Either the INSTALL doc needs to be 
updated or a new default config.mak.autogen needs to be checked in (or 
perhaps config.mak.autogen needs to be omitted from the repo?).

--Ted

-- 
Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>