Subject: Re: [PATCH] Teach format-patch to handle output directory relative to cwd

From: Cesar Eduardo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:12:21 -0200

Junio C Hamano escreveu:
> Without any explicit -o parameter, we correctly avoided putting the
> resulting patch output to the toplevel.  We should do the same when
> the user gave a relative pathname to be consistent with this case and also
> with how other commands handle relative pathnames.

Works great, only the resulting output to the screen is a bit 
ugly/confusing:

drivers/net/../../../0001-sc92031-more-useful-banner-in-kernel-log.patch
drivers/net/../../../0002-sc92031-remove-meaningless-version-string.patch
drivers/net/../../../0003-sc92031-inline-SC92031_DESCRIPTION.patch
drivers/net/../../../0004-sc92031-use-device-id-directly-instead-of-made-up-n.patch
drivers/net/../../../0005-sc92031-add-a-link-to-the-datasheet.patch

I would expect:

../../../0001-sc92031-more-useful-banner-in-kernel-log.patch
../../../0002-sc92031-remove-meaningless-version-string.patch
../../../0003-sc92031-inline-SC92031_DESCRIPTION.patch
../../../0004-sc92031-use-device-id-directly-instead-of-made-up-n.patch
../../../0005-sc92031-add-a-link-to-the-datasheet.patch

(after all, I am still inside the drivers/net directory)

-- 
Cesar Eduardo Barros
[email-masked]
[email-masked]