Subject: Re: [PATCH] Simple update to bash completions to prevent unbound variable errors.

From: Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:50:24 -0500

> Without the modeline, the vim I was using didn't set ft=sh. It seemed
> like the original authors were careful to use tabs everywhere, which was
> the major reason I used the modeline. I added the fdm=marker just in
> case someone would want to clean up the code someday and do some folding.

NOTE: On my system, I save git-completion.bash to .git_bash_completion. 
Because of that, Vim can't ftdetect off of the file name. The modeline 
allows ft=sh even when you don't end in .sh or .bash.

An alternative (to a Vim modeline) is to put

#!bash

at the top of the script. That would do the same thing as the modeline 
(even though it would never actually get used by the sourced "script").

--Ted

-- 
Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>

   Please visit my ALS association page:
         http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedpavlic
   My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.