Subject: Re: how to git a read only directory

From: Boaz Harrosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:35:13 +0200

bill lam wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>> Sorry My mistake, it should be:
>> [gitrepo] $ git-add etc/fstab
>>
>> Sorry it's a typo, sure you must add files relative to
>> the base directory (one containing the .git/ dir)
> 
> Hi Boaz,
> 
> I still could not add the file. This time it said symbolic link error.
> 

OK so it looks like it is something new. Good to know I will not
upgrade for now as I do use it a lot. Unless there is some config
nub that can be turned. I must say that it is most useful, I use
it everyday.

Someone please comment why are symlink not allowed. Is that because
it might be dangerous? but so is a gun I might shoot myself in the
leg, but they are still been sold.

Boaz