Subject: Re: [PATCH (update)] make: By default, remove -pthread on Darwin (it is included by cstdlib).

From: Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:57:32 -0500

...
>> This patch clears PTHREAD_LIBS by default. However, if
>> FORCE_DARWIN_PTHREAD_LIBS is defined, then PTHREAD_LIBS will be set as
>> before.
>
> Why is this even configurable?  You explained pretty clearly that:
...
> But the above leaves the reader wondering in what situation it may be
> useful to use FORCE_* and for what purpose other than to get the nasty
> warning back (which probably is not most users want to).

I was afraid that there would be some strange situation where someone 
would have a configuration where they might want pthreads turned on. I 
suppose that if someone is in that specialized situation, they will be 
able to customize their build environment on their own.

I will submit a new patch without the define.

Thanks --
Ted

-- 
Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>

   Please visit my ALS association page:
         http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedpavlic
   My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.