Subject: Re: Something weird is happening...

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:10:12 -0800

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> 
> Is the blob borrowed from one of its alternate object store, and not in a
> pack?  That would explain (note that I am not saying "justify" here, just
> "explain") the symptom.
> 

Yes, it is.

> But it still does the connectivity check fully from your refs.  And if it
> finds an object that ought to be reachable from your refs that it hasn't
> validated, it gives the "missing" warning above.  There is a check to
> exclude objects in packs when running "git fsck" without --full from this
> warning but I do not see a corresponding exclusion of objects that were
> borrowed from your neighbour which we didn't check either.
> 
> But that is just a conjecture from a cursory looking at the current code.
> I do not remember (or did not know from the beginning) some details of it.
> And that is why I asked you if "git fsck --full" reports it missing in my
> earlier response to you.

Just tried it, it doesn't.  So I guess things are OK.

	-hpa