Subject: Re: Thunderbird and patches (was Re: [PATCH v2] Enable setting attach as the default in .gitconfig for git-format-patch.)

From: Jeremy White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:38:15 -0600

> 
> I don't know how you're injecting the email to Thunderbird. mailto:?

We have a utility, git-imap-send, that sends the email into the drafts
folder.

> 
> What you propose is a header, not a body.
> (I'm a bit irritated that TB would react to a charset header *in the 
> body*, but maybe that's a hack specially for charsets, in some code part 
> I don't know, given that they are unfortunately sometimes only marked in 
> content.)

Ah, rats.  I figured that picking charset out of the body might be
considered a bug; I was hoping it was a feature :-/.

> 
> I think it would most likely work easily if you inject HTML (read before 
> you scream):

/me carefully takes the nice coat with extra long sleeves out <grin>.

I've tried this, and *shudder*, it appears to work.

I'll cobble up an experimental patch to git-format-patch to see if
this is tractable.

Cheers,

Jeremy