Subject: Re: Thunderbird and patches

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:07:15 +0100

Miles Bader venit, vidit, dixit 12.02.2009 05:37:
> Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:
>>> In other words: use the right tool.  Or, as somebody put it at the 
>>> GitTogether: to a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
>> It just seems that the workflow "required" here on the git list is the
>> way it is because it caters for differently abled MUAs which can't
>> handle certain standards (inline disposition) efficiently.  Mutt
>> obviously can, so it's not a matter of John Doe's MUA versus geeky
>> MUAs.
> 
> So, since you decry flames later in your message, why did you feel it
> necessary to throw in this rather creaky bit of flamebait?
> 
> [The issue is apparently MUAs which munge messages when not wanted; that
> says _nothing_ about what non-munging MUAs can or can not "handle".]

I think we all (all who participated so far) agreed that the MUAs we
talked about have different abilities, thus are differently abled (pun
intended).

By now, all sides have worked constructively together to make things
work for all MUAs and all users. Dscho even cooked up a Thunderbird
extension, Ben provided input for git-imap-send.

If you want to fuel the flames you're too late. If you want to
contribute you're welcome to.

Michael