Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] hooks: add some defaults to support sane workflow to pre-commit

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 15:30:24 +0100

Jakub Narebski schrieb:
> Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Implement the possibility to propagate this setting to the server, by
>> using a config variable or similar. This way only secure hooks will
>> automatically be inherited and the user has the benefit of a more
>> specific workflow support.
> 
> Well, for an _installation_ of git you _have_ possibility to provide
> hooks different than default ones, and that is via templates system.
> With "git init" in already existing repository you would be able to
> pick up new version of hooks.

Should this decision really be on an installation basis? Would basing
this decision on a project not be a better reflection of the reality? 

I have read some threads dealing with what a good book about git should
contain. In these threads the keyword workflows was brought up quite
often. So maybe it would also be good to support this topic a little
more from the software side.

cheers Heiko