Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add bare repository indicator for __git_ps1

From: Marius Storm-Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 19:55:30 +0100

Shawn O. Pearce said the following on 23.02.2009 17:16:
> Marius Storm-Olsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> ^shrug^ at this point you and Junio can discuss what to do, as Junio  
>> already said
>>
>>   | "I do not understand the need for GIT_DIR! thing even
>>   |  less, but since we have that there already, I do not
>>   |  see a reason not to add this to the queue."
>>
>> And I have to agree with him. At this point, __git_ps1() is actually  
>> removing useful information from the prompt; at least it does for me.
> 
> *sigh*

Ops, I realize that it sounded like I was setting you two up against 
each other, which was not my intention! What I meant to say was, I've 
stated my case as clear as i can now, so you two can make a decision. 
I know Junio will listen to you, and I'd be fine if you said no, based 
on all the info I gave you. (Though I really didn't like the 
"GIT_DIR!"-branch, but oh well)

> OK.  I guess we include it then.
> 
> Acked-by: Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]>

Thanks, and again, sorry if you felt I put you up against Junio!

--
.marius