Subject: Re: [EGIT] [PATCH v1 1/1] Add an ignored icon

From: Tor Arne Vestbø <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:28:35 +0100

Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> tisdag 24 februari 2009 00:59:30 skrev Tor Arne Vestbø <[email-masked]>:
>> Ferry Huberts wrote:
>>> Add an ignored icon to the label decorations page and make
>>> sure that it is actually decorated: from now on do not ignore
>>> ignored resources during decoration.
>> The reason this was not added in the original series was because that's
>> kind of the point of ignoring a resource -- you don't want any
>> information about it. Also, none of the other team plugins provide
>> decorations for ignored resources-
> 
> "Ignored" in this context does not mean unimportant.  It means we will
> not track it in git, which is quite important.

True, it's important. Untracked already has a decoration (the '?'), and 
tracked files have the yellow database icon. I'm just saying the 
convention so far in Eclipse has been to use non-decoration (no ? or 
yellow db icon) to signal ignored resources.

Tor Arne