Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add bare repository indicator for __git_ps1

From: Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 09:25:54 -0500

> Reverting GIT_DIR! ugliness is certainly a possibility.  As long as people
> who chdir into there are the only ones who suffer from the ugliness I do
> not particularly care that much, though ;-)
>
> Will apply anyway.

I only added the "GIT_DIR!" on the advice of Junio, who suggested a 
"danger" flag. I asked for suggestions on replacement text.

Keep in mind that "BARE:master" doesn't make much sense. If you're in a 
git dir, you don't have a working directory. "BARE" alone makes sense. 
Personally, I think it makes more sense to submit a patch that changes 
"GIT_DIR!" to "BARE" in the bare case (and doesn't print any branch).

--Ted

-- 
Ted Pavlic <[email-masked]>

   Please visit my ALS association page:
         http://web.alsa.org/goto/tedpavlic
   My family appreciates your support in the fight to defeat ALS.