Subject: Re: git doc build failure on OS X 10.5.6 (Leopard) during xmlto phase

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:06:11 +0100

Jay Soffian venit, vidit, dixit 13.03.2009 17:18:
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM, Michael J Gruber
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On a related issue: Does anybody know which asciidoc versions need
>> asciidoc7compatible to be set? 8.2.5 and above certainly don't, so we
>> should not advise using it. asciidoc's hg repo doesn't go back much more
>> (the initial revision does not need it either), and I haven't dug for
>> their earlier history yet.
> 
> I'm using 8.3.1 and set asciidoc7compatible. I don't recall why I set
> it, but I'm sure I had a good reason for it. :-)

And you don't have any issues with _emphasis_? E.g. in git help
filter-branch, "positive" in the second paragraph should be emphasized,
possibly underlined.

OK, I just checked myself. At least 8.2.7 still had problems, but 8.3.0
is fine, even 8.4.1 is. asciidoc needs to be convinced forcibly to look
for its config in its own location (rather than /etc), which is what
tripped off my first tests...

So, asciidoc version 8.3.0 and above is fine with asciidoc7compatible
(at least regarding emphasis), 8.2.4~23 through 8.2.7 is not. Below
their hg history ends.

Oh well, the doc tool chain. Dig into it and feel chained to a stool, in
need to see a doc. Lame pun, time to go home :|

Michael