Subject: Re: [PATCH] Give error when no remote is configured

From: Giovanni Bajo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:12:36 +0100

On 3/16/2009 9:01 PM, Jay Soffian wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Daniel Barkalow <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> No default remote is configured for your current branch, and the default
>> remote "origin" is not configured either.
> 
> The use of "default" twice is slightly confusing. Perhaps:
> 
> No remote is configured for the current branch, and the default
> remote "origin" is not configured either.

I'm a total newbie with git. I must say that the above sentence means 
absolutely nothing to me (in either version) because of the confusing 
usage of the word "remote" (twice, one as a substantive, one as an 
adjective) and the word "origin" which is git jargon which I don't 
master yet.

My suggestion is that you should at least add a sentence that points to 
a likely solution. Something like:

   (use "git remote add" to configure a remote URL)

Note that I don't have any clue if this sentece is correct and/or is the 
correct solution. The above is just an example of a helpful error message.
-- 
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.
http://www.develer.com