Subject: Re: git-push on packed refs via HTTP

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:38:22 +0100

Steve wrote:
> Hi
> 
> Using HTTP as transport, I've noticed that after using git-gc on a git server, I
> can't push to that repo anymore: "No refs in common and none specified." Client
> and server are both 1.6.2. Is ths a bug or do I have to do something after
> executing git-gc on the server?
> 

I had this happen once after having upgraded git on the server in question and
then running "git gc" against a repo. I didn't remove the old (not packed-refs
knowing) git though, and when I later tried to push to it, it couldn't find
any refs since the old receive-pack was being used, and it didn't know about
packed refs.

Worth checking, possibly.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.