Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitk: put all startup code into a proc to enable re-sourcing

From: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:40:33 +0100

Paul Mackerras wrote:
> Pat Thoyts writes:
> 
>>     All the startup code is moved into a procedure. All the variables
>>     get initialized using 'variable' to ensure they are in the global
>>     namespace.  This makes it possible to re-source the script during
>>     development from the Tk console or a tkcon interactive session.
>>
>> Signed-off-by: Pat Thoyts <[email-masked]>
> 
> The patch does other stuff as well, that should be mentioned in the
> patch description or split out into a separate patch - namely it
> changes error_popup on win32 (why?) and it introduces some ttk widget
> use into confirm_popup.
> 
> Paul.

The changes to error_popup -- its fugly on windows. We have
tk_messageBox for showing message boxes and where available this
function will use a native messagebox which will look normal for the
platform.

However, these should be in the theme patch and not in a code
refactoring patch. So I apologize and will redo more carefully.

Pat Thoyts