Subject: Re: large(25G) repository in git

From: Adam Heath <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:57:46 -0500

Nicolas Pitre wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Adam Heath wrote:
> 
>> Sam Hocevar wrote:
>>>    In your particular case, I would suggest setting pack.packSizeLimit
>>> to something lower. This would reduce the time spent generating a new
>>> pack file if the problem were to happen again.
>> Yeah, saw that one, but *after* I had this problem.  The default, if
>> not set, is unlimited, which in this case, is definately *not* what we
>> want.
> 
> In your particular case, if the problem is actually what I think it is, 
> the pack.packSizeLimit wouldn't have made any difference.  This setting 
> affects local repacking only and has no effect what so ever on the push 
> operation.

Ooh.  Care to enlighten those of us not blessed with git internal
knowledge?

On another note, anyone have a goat I can buy, for the sacrifice?