Subject: Re: Improve tags

From: "Etienne Vallette d'Osia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 11:30:43 +0100

> You described your motivation and use case very clearly!
 >
 > Maybe "label" would be an appropriate name for "non-unique tags". I
 > assume they should be local and non-versioned. It sounds as if a file
 > storing a list of sha1s could be the simplest approach (one file per
 > label in a new subdir of .git), although this may not scale well. A
 > first step could be implementing a command "git label" in shell which
 > sets and displays labels. Later on, various builtins would need to be
 > taught about it if you want labels displayed in log etc.
 >
 > Michael

Thanks a lot

"label" is perfect !

In fact, I was thinking about non-local labels.
But keeping information in a separate file and not in commit directly is 
a very nice idea (and closer than the current tag implementation).
I love your approach, you have just make this idea realizable