Subject: [PATCH 0/3] http-push: fix fetching

From: Tay Ray Chuan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 00:35:16 +0800

http-push.c contains a lot of fetching code, but it's not known if it
really works, given that most people fetch first before pushing (after
all, the git manual recommends this).

The first two patches add tests[1] that demonstrate that http-push.c
fails to fetch from the remote repo, and remedy this by ensuring fetch
requests are sent out. Along the way, code that sends out requests on
the requests queue is refactored (run_request_queue()), and a mechanism
against accidental pushing to the remote side is introduced.

Footnotes:
[1] the tests coerce http-push into fetching objects from the repo by
    removing local objects before executing http-push, and represent
    just one possible workflow that lead to fetching in http-push.

Tay Ray Chuan (3):
  t5540-http-push: test fetching of loose objects
  t5540-http-push: test fetching of packed objects
  http-push: send out fetch requests on queue

 http-push.c          |   37 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 t/t5540-http-push.sh |   36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
Cheers,
Ray Chuan