Subject: git svn fetch -with -r doesn't fetch anything

From: Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 22:18:30 +0200

Hi,

I upgraded to:
 > git svn --version
git-svn version 1.6.2.5 (svn 1.5.6)

(svn 1.6.1 doesn't compile, see 
http://www.nabble.com/Re:-svn-commit:-r37415---trunk-subversion-include-td23170203.html 
:-( )

Now I create a git repositiory:
 > git svn init https://myserver.com/repo
and want to fetch the latest revision (or a little bit in the past) with
 > git svn fetch -r1234

But git svn rebase runs in an error:
 > git svn rebase
fatal: ambiguous argument 'HEAD': unknown revision or path not in the 
working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions
log --no-color --first-parent --pretty=medium HEAD: command returned 
error: 128

With earlier version of git-svn I could fetch only a few revisions. Now only
 > git svn fetch
works. But it fetches *all* revisions (and this takes a while ...)

Is it a bug or a feature?

Thanks
Martin