Subject: Re: [PATCH] Disallow '\' in ref names

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 08:55:50 +0200

Robin Rosenberg wrote:
> This is asking for trouble since '\' is a directory separator in
> Windows and thus may produce unpredictable results.
> 

NAK. We allow / on unixy systems, and that's the path separator there.
Junio even makes extensive use of it to create per-contributor
namespaces for topic-branches.

Are you guessing this might be a problem in the future, or have you
actually run into it?

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.