Subject: Out of memory, malloc failed

From: sham <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 13:33:25 -0700

Can anyone shed some light on this?  What can I do to get past this...

#0  die (err=0x4bfb09 "Out of memory, malloc failed") at usage.c:71
#1  0x000000000049ac8c in xmalloc (size=555680492) at wrapper.c:29
#2  0x000000000048e59f in unpack_compressed_entry (p=0x71d690,
w_curs=0x1f420, curpos=-88, size=18446744073709551528) at sha1_file.c:1504
#3  0x000000000048f4e1 in unpack_entry (p=0x71d690,
obj_offset=4809147218, type=0x7fffffffd6cc, sizep=0x7fffffffd6c0) at
sha1_file.c:1704
#4  0x000000000048f21a in read_packed_sha1 (sha1=0x7ffff4d730a4
"8��\227�brhI:\023b���c�6��", type=0x7fffffffd6cc, size=0x7fffffffd6c0)
at sha1_file.c:1957
#5  0x000000000048f416 in read_object (sha1=0x7ffff4d730a4
"8��\227�brhI:\023b���c�6��", type=0x7fffffffd6cc, size=0x7fffffffd6c0)
at sha1_file.c:2047
#6  0x000000000048f9a5 in read_sha1_file (sha1=0x4bfb09 "Out of memory,
malloc failed", type=0x1f420, size=0xffffffffffffffa8) at sha1_file.c:2063
#7  0x000000000046aeac in write_entry (ce=0x7ffff4d73080, path=0x7007e0
"Mail/Local Folders/Inbox", state=0x7fffffffdb10, to_tempfile=0) at
entry.c:91
#8  0x000000000046b42a in checkout_entry (ce=0x7ffff4d73080,
state=0x7fffffffdb10, topath=<value optimized out>) at entry.c:233
#9  0x000000000041488d in cmd_checkout (argc=<value optimized out>,
argv=<value optimized out>, prefix=0x0) at builtin-checkout.c:141
#10 0x0000000000404843 in handle_internal_command (argc=2,
argv=0x7fffffffdde0) at git.c:241
#11 0x0000000000404a5c in main (argc=2, argv=0x7fffffffdde0) at git.c:481

Thanks,
Sham