Subject: Re: git-tag bug? confusing git fast-export with double tag objects

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 10:02:59 +0200

Jakub Narebski wrote:
> On Sat, 16 May 2009, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> 
>> Add a tag with a new name, pointing to the original tag. Try doing what
>> Matthias did and then run "git show $tagname". It won't show the original
>> tag at all, so people have to resort to low-level commands in order to
>> see it, but it will still exist as an object.
> 
> Not true. Did you check that?
> 

Yes, but with light-weight tags on a repo after cvs import. Mea culpa, so
this is a non-issue. Thanks for politely pointing out my error :-)

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.