Subject: Re: state of libgit2?

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 11:56:19 +0200

Thomas Koch wrote:
> Just want to show, that there is interest in the state and roadmap for 
> libgit2. If I understand right, libgit2 is necessary to get GIT bindings in 
> scripting languages like PHP, Python, etc.
> Please keep on!
> 

Long story short: Shawn shared push access with me. I take patches and work
on them mondays and thursdays, but try to comment on them as soon as I see
them. Ramsay Jones is more or less the only one sending patches right now,
and I still have to respond to his latest series.

Long story long:
Development is slow indeed. Recently Shawn decided to share push access to
repo.or.cz with me, but I went partying, fell down some stairs and hit my
head quite badly not long after so I've been convalescent. Now I'm at a
two day conference event for a different opensource project (Nagios) where
I'm working quite a lot.

Normally, I have two days per week (monday and thursday) to work on open-
source things. That time is split between Nagios and libgit2.

Ramsay Jones is the most active contributor at the time, but he was not
comfortable with push access so I shouldered that responsibility for the
time being.

I'm working (but slowly; see above) on index manipulation. Unfortunately,
that also entails adding about a billion other things, so even if I'd
been 100% healthy things would have been slow.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Register now for Nordic Meet on Nagios, June 3-4 in Stockholm
 http://nordicmeetonnagios.op5.org/

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.