Subject: Re: git-svn and *lots* of ssh connections

From: Pascal Obry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:52:02 +0200

Jon Nelson a écrit :
> Basically, during the fetch stage (or clone) git-svn uses a *ton* of
> ssh connections. Many dozens and in even with smaller projects well
> over a hundred. By "small" I mean a .git of less than 6MB and less
> than 60 files in the checkout. I've got 4MBit bandwidth available but
> frequently see only a single digit fraction of that going to the
> fetch/clone process. Is there anything that can be done to reduce the
> number of ssh connections involved? Why can't a single connection
> simple be re-used? I can't use "ssh connection sharing" for a variety
> of reasons that aren't relevant here.

I don't know if git-svn can be improved but I would go with a reusable
ssh connection (this is not working with Cygwin though).

See for example (but lot of web site talk about this):
http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-reuse-openssh-connection/

Pascal.

-- 

--|------------------------------------------------------
--| Pascal Obry                           Team-Ada Member
--| 45, rue Gabriel Peri - 78114 Magny Les Hameaux FRANCE
--|------------------------------------------------------
--|    http://www.obry.net  -  http://v2p.fr.eu.org
--| "The best way to travel is by means of imagination"
--|
--| gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key F949BD3B