Subject: Re: [bug] git cannot find "git pull"?

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:22:49 -0400

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> FWIW, to reproduce my Fedora install, this is the setup I always use
>> for my lab computers:
>>
>> * perform a fresh format + install, not an upgrade
>> * uncheck 'office' category
>> * check 'software development' category
>> * do not select 'customize now', thus using Fedora's default package
>> selection
> 
> Stranger and stranger.  I followed the above steps with an F-11/x86
> network install and then ran:

Found it!  A forgotten package I created, a collective of shell scripts, 
was setting GIT_EXEC_PATH=/usr/local/bin.

Given that /usr/local/bin/*git* has not existed on my systems for a long 
time, it appears that this is a new behavior, being a bit more strict in 
complaining about an invalid GIT_EXEC_PATH, rather than simply falling 
back to the internal compiled default (/usr/libexec/git-core).

Things are working again now that the local GIT_EXEC_PATH export is removed.

	Jeff