Subject: Re: [bug] git cannot find "git pull"?

From: Jeff Garzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 13:23:13 -0400

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>> Found it!  A forgotten package I created, a collective of shell
>> scripts, was setting GIT_EXEC_PATH=/usr/local/bin.
> 
> Phew.  I was worried I might have to start drinking much earlier than
> usual today. ;)
> 
>> Given that /usr/local/bin/*git* has not existed on my systems for a
>> long time, it appears that this is a new behavior, being a bit more
>> strict in complaining about an invalid GIT_EXEC_PATH, rather than
>> simply falling back to the internal compiled default
>> (/usr/libexec/git-core).
> 
> Without looking closely at the make files and build logic, is it
> perhaps something caused by the previous Fedora git-1.6.0.x packages
> passing gitexecdir=%{_bindir} to make, while the F-11 and newer
> packages do not set any gitexecdir?

Perhaps, though it seems more likely that this was a change in the core 
git code, and not related to hardcoding gitexecdir= in the RPM build 
process.

	Jeff