Subject: Re: [PATCHv3 3/4] submodule, repack: migrate to git-sh-setup's say()

From: Stephen Boyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 00:38:08 -0700

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> This is not exactly a very nice style.

I had a feeling ;-)

> If the convention is "GIT_QUIET, when set to non-empty string, squelches
> the output", then I think the callers should be more consistent and the
> call to prune-packed should say something like this, which is admittedly a
> roundabout way:
>
> 	git prune-packed ${GIT_QUIET:+-q}
>
> for consistency (and then what you set to GIT_QUIET in the first hunk I
> quoted does not matter anymore---it can even be t or 1 or whatever).
>
> I think this does not matter too much, because I suspect that in the
> longer term scripted Porcelains are going away, but still...

I think this is fine. At least it's more explicit and localized. I'll do
the same for git-am