Subject: Re: [PATCH] daemon: send stderr of service programs to the syslog

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:30:21 -0700

Johannes Sixt wrote:
> On Montag, 15. Juni 2009, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>> Johannes Sixt wrote:
>>> The progress indicator can be helped . But there is now another anoyance:
>>> If the client terminates the connection early, this is now logged as:
>>>
>>> fatal: unable to run 'git-upload-pack'
>> We probably do want to log that the client has disconnected.
> 
> Any client, or only clients that disconnect early? Is this useful besides 
> debugging?
> 

Clients that disconnect without completing the transaction.  This is
highly valuable to administrators when tracking down a problem (since it
generally implies a client or network problem, as opposed to a server
problem.)

	-hpa