Subject: Confusion using git on svn server

From: Matthieu Stigler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 22:28:21 +0200

Hi

I just began using git on a svn file, which seems really nice. I'm for 
now confused with a git operation, as maybe my mind is still thinking 
with svn vision.

As I understood, unlike svn, you can make many commit without sending 
them to the server, and then then sending them in one block with git-svn 
dcommit (if I'm right, with push if git server).

So two questions:
-Where can I find documentation on that? Didn't find mention on it in 
git user manual or git-svn crash course.

-say I want to know, before doing git-svn dcommit, which commits will be 
sent, and if this will do a conflict... is there a way to check that 
before sending the commits?

My main concern is that in my git log, I have a commit and its "revert", 
will it be sent as two different commits to svn? I would love they are 
not sent at all as they represent a "neutral" operation.

Thanks a lot!